GRAB RAILS AND TECHNICAL AIDS
Velo bathroom grab rails Make Your Bathroom Safe
Bathrooms are slippery places to be for obvious reasons. There is a potentially dangerous mix of water, liquid soap, paper towels and soap scum on shiny tiles which can cause a slip and fall if bathrooms are not maintained properly. Anyone who has had a mini heart attack when they slip on a soap covered shower room floor knows exactly the dangers that lurk.
It’s important to install bathroom grab rails where possible to reduce these slips and trips and avoid serious injury. Velo offer plenty of high quality grab rails that can be used in all sorts of industries and businesses. They should be installed in line with risk assessments to offer safety and confidence to all users.
Ensure Safety with Bathroom Grab Rails
- All ambulant toilets. Every ambulant and disabled toilet should be fitted with some kind of safety bar. Researching and fitting in the correct location not only gives independence to a wheelchair user or person in need of using an ambulant toilet, grab rails are also used by care taker who leans on them for support.
- Aged care facilities and care homes. The elderly and infirm need extra support when using showers and toilets. Shower grab rails, seats and bath hand rails help to support the weight of an adult who needs a little extra help getting in and out of the bath and shower.
- Hospitals and Rehabilitation centers. People recovering from injuries want to keep the feeling of independence and bathroom handrails and safety bars aid in recovery and reduce the risk of falling.
- Hotels. All hotels need to have access to disabled access rooms. Carefully placed and discreet bathroom grab rails offer inclusivity and make disable guests feel comfortable. They are also a great idea for AirBnB’s to increase accessible customer base.
The Velo team has a wide range of bathroom handrails to offer many safety options for your bathrooms, toilets and shower rooms. The Velo experts can help you with fitting and location.
- Unit 16 & 15/14, Sheridan Close, Milperra, Sydney NSW 2213
- Phone: (02) 9773 0708
- Phone: 0416 398 555
- Fax: (02) 9773 0678